AR Flashcards are a series of Augmented Reality apps used to teach your students words and concepts based on different categories such as animals, shapes, colors and planets. By using 3D animation, AR Flashcards bring print outs of animals and planets to life.
Some main features include:
- colorful renditions of animals, dinosaurs and the solar system
- sound effects
- screenshot button which allows you to save your pictures
Click here for more information…
AR Flashcards are great tools for early childhood educators and English as an additional language (EAL) instructors. AR Flashcards create an entertaining way to introduce different vocabulary words to young children. According to testimonials, students have engaged with the app and have enjoyed the learning process:
“It’s definitely unique and a very clever way to get children involved in learning the alphabet and animal names.”
“Love how the animals pop up! My son gets a huge smile on his face when the animals appear. The new graphics are great and being able to take pics is cool.” (Augmented Reality Flashcards).
- Download and print out the cards from here . (Tip: print out flashcards in color and use cardstock paper)
- Download and install AR Flashcards to your mobile devices (the Alphabet and color have free versions where as the rest are paid apps) .
- Double tap the screen to bring up the focus button onto the flashcard so that you can adjust your device’s camera to bring the cards to life.