Kahoot! is a free platform for teachers to create fun, engaging learning games, which is called Kahoot, in a few minutes. Using Kahoot, you can create a series of questions combining with images, videos, diagrams, etc. The number and type of questions fully depend on your needs, and your students can get access to your learning game by simply go to kahoot.it and input a 4-digit number comes with your game.
There are four different types of Kahoots you can create, include:
- Quiz: you can use quiz Kahoots to introduce a topic, review what you’ve been teaching in a class, or use the quiz results to offer rewards to some of your students.
- Jumble: it’s a type of brand new game that allows students to rearrange the sentences, sorting algebraic equations, or putting historic events in order, etc. To learn more about Jumble Kahoot, click here for more information.
- Discussion: you can create Discussion Kahoots to initiate and facilitate a debate
- Survey: use this kind of Kahoot to gather opinions, insights or students’ feedback on a specific subject, a special event, workshop, or a class.
Kahoot enables you to engage with your students and it works perfectly in a classroom setting. With Kahoot, students can answer the questions on their own devices, while games are displayed on a shared screen. As a teacher, you can also pick from the exited games that other teachers uploaded and contribute to the community as well.
After the class, you may also encourage your students to create their own kahoots to deepen their understanding of the class content.
Kahoot also allows you to connect and play in real time with other players in different countries.
How to create:
- Sign up as a teacher from here.
- View the tutorial videos to get started.
- Create a new Kahoot by selecting the type of Kahoot you want to create.
- Title your Kahoot, add a description, and set up with the visibility, language, and audience type. And feel free to add a cover image to customize your Kahoot!
- Now you can start to work on your questions:
Let’s take Quiz Kahoot as an example, first, input the question to the “Question” area (here, we recommend you to prepare with the questions in another document, that will fasten your Kahoot creation process. Then, set up the time limit for the question, and feel free to add awards points to the question if you are doing a quiz. After this, input the answers and click on the checkmark next to the correct answer(s). Remember to give credit to the resources that you have used/ referred to in your questions.
- Now it’s time to save and share your Kahoot!
How to get access:
- Go to a web browser
- Go to kahoots.it
- Enter the game pin that showed on the shared screen
- Enter a nickname and start to answer the questions